Thursday, June 16, 2011

I am keeping the faith!

  We all have different sets of beliefs, unless your parents were pretty strict in your upbringing, and were excellent on keeping everyone in the same faith and to the same morals they have adhered to. These morals will be unshaken if the foundations set are deeply rooted on a belief in a more powerful being.  In these times of shifting values and ideas, we are sometimes caught off guard and "goes with the flow". If we truly value our beliefs, and the way our parents have nurtured us, then we will need to defend our territories.
   My faith, has been always bombarded with ridicule by so-called friends and acquaintances and most of these comes from ignorance. The knowledge they've gained about what I believe is normally taken from the wrong sources. Never in my life have I not heard a negative comment about Mormonism.
In spite of so many good Mormon examples, majority still think that Mormonism is a cult. Many writers have written negative things about this religion. Where Bigotry is discouraged, Mormonism is simply not included.
People laugh about Mormons values, they think that it is way too taboo, and weird. It's more acceptable for people to drink and get drunk, more acceptable to smoke weeds, have sex whenever the need arise, and other "acceptable culture" in the modern world.
    I remember one of the talks given at a sacrament meeting and I quote " We live in a modern Sodom and Gomorrah, the only difference from our time to the ancient, is that there are more righteous people on earth than back then. close quote " I am not in anyway, religious, nor am I in anyway close to being righteous, but I will defend my belief. In fact I am probably the worst LDS ( latter-day Saint ) on the planet, but tell you, don't mess up with my religion, nor of Joseph Smith nor of the book of Mormon. They're sacred to me as your beer is important and sacred to you! Let's make this world a better place by respecting each others belief! But I am not stopping you  to come and study LDS doctrines seriously.   In spite of me being an imperfect being- I am keeping the faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment