Monday, June 13, 2011

Working divorced dad and a challenge to be a full participant in rearing my kids

   Computer browsing has become a boredom to me lately. I normally check my emails and facebook account.  Updates  that families are friends are doing alright, makes my life a lot better.
 
    I am a father of  two, divorced and taking care of my two wonderful boys ages 5 and 9. Although I get to see them as often as I want to, my work prevents me from doing so.  In my mind, how lucky I would be if I get to work around  with my kids, so I can spend most of my time with them and not so with those I don't have any family relations with.

   Taking care of my own kids, is the best job I have ever handled. It does pose a lot of challenges, but as soon as obstacles and hurdles are overcome, the rewards are great, and priceless.

   Hygiene, food, sleeping habits, games, education, spirituality  are a few things that are listed in the job description of fatherhood. This is not a shared task for me since I am divorced, and therefore it is my sole responsibility, when they are with me. It is their mother's responsibility if they're with their mom.

    Relationship with ex-wife, can be very tough, it is a very challenging situation especially if the wounds are still fresh, from divorce battles to custodianship, but there are areas that can be simply enhanced or modified, and some that can be totally eradicated.
   
     It can be very tough, but this a vast world full of ideas and solutions. A problem is never created, with no solution in sight.   So, in my everyday life, I am in quest of a better life and a quest for solutions to everyday problems. We can all work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment